Re: gnome-online-accounts: Permission to update the Google icon

Hey Cosimo,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 06:46:11PM -0700, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
What we did do in the past was go through the terms of use of each
service provider before adding them to GNOME. This is what David
Zeuthen told me when he handed it over to me in early 2012. By then
Google was already there, and he was waiting for the legal review of
Facebook and Windows Live. Subsequently, I would contact Karen before
merging any new provider, and she would sometimes review it herself or
ask someone from SFLC to help.

Keeping in mind that I'm not a lawyer and that I'm expressing my own
personal opinion, given this information I would just go ahead and update
the icon, as our position with regards to Google would not change as a
consequence of the update.

Right. I already pushed the new icon to master (after creating a
gnome-3-18 branch). I will now cherry-pick it to other relevant
branches.

Thanks,
Rishi