Re: gnome-online-accounts: Permission to update the Google icon

(Dropping gnome-doc-list, because this is getting off-topic.)

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:01:13AM -0700, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Debarshi Ray <rishi is lostca se> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 02:21:40PM +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:

Not an issue from the documentation side, but have you checked that
you're complying with all of Google's requirements?

Jimmac created the icon, so maybe he took care to comply with the
requirements? I don't know.

Did the requirements significantly change compared to the old icon?
How did we solve this same issue back then?

As far as I am aware, we never did any legal review of the
icons. Maybe there are some established practices here that I am not
aware of? /me looks at jimmac

What we did do in the past was go through the terms of use of each
service provider before adding them to GNOME. This is what David
Zeuthen told me when he handed it over to me in early 2012. By then
Google was already there, and he was waiting for the legal review of
Facebook and Windows Live. Subsequently, I would contact Karen before
merging any new provider, and she would sometimes review it herself or
ask someone from SFLC to help.

Of late, it has been hard to evoke much response from the board on
these matters (presumably they were overburdened with other stuff).

I wrote this from memory, so I apologize if I am misrepresenting any
facts. If you want more details, I have to dig them up from my inbox.

Cheers,
Rishi