Re: GNOME Shell Modal Dialog Tweakage

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:

>> Now, if we want to define and write down an exact list of things we do
>> not require approval for (but still require notification), I'm OK with
>> that.
>
> I don't recall suggesting that you construct "an exact list of things
> we do not require approval for". All I'm saying is that a single
> sentence isn't a lot to go on. A few more details would be helpful.
>
> It's clear that many people don't understand the rules the way you do.

I think it is important to not lose sight of the goal here.

The freeze is not there so we in the release team or the documentation
guys can feel empowered.  The goal is to ensure that we end up with a
high-quality release and docs that match the actual product well
enough to not confuse users.

Process for its own right is not doing anybody any good. And rules
that are spelled out to the level that you can follow them without
thinking are counter-productive. We _have_ to expect everybody to make
use of his or her best judgement, both before and after asking for
approval.

Matthias