Re: GNOME Shell Modal Dialog Tweakage

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 18:50 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
>> I've just pushed a minor change to the GNOME Shell theme [1]. This is
>> a small visual change [2, 3], and it doesn't
>> affect anything functionally. It does change the look of the dialogs
>> very slightly though. It was suggested that I you a heads up since
>> we're in UI freeze.
>
> What blocked you to contact the Documentation team and the release team
> first to ask for a UI freeze exception, instead of just committing?

If Allan hadn't sent this headsup, would you have noticed the change ?
In other words, is there really such great value in ensuring that
documentation screenshots are pixel-perfect ? I can see the point if
things get actually rearranged, or strings changed, or new
functionality added, but here we are talking about shifting some
whitespace around - everybody who looks at the before and after
screenshots will recognize them as the same dialog...