Re: GNOME Shell Modal Dialog Tweakage

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 18:36 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
>> And yet there is also an understanding that minor cosmetic changes
>> don't need a UI freeze exception.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree#Schedule says "No UI changes may
> be made without approval from the release-team and notification to
> gnome-doc-list@".
> I don't see any "major" or "minor" mentioned so I disagree with that
> interpretation, plus subjects/individuals would have to define "minor"
> and would likely differ on it with others.
> => Just ask first, we don't bite (I think). :)

If you expect any UI change, no matter how small or insignificant, to
require freeze break approval, then I suggest that the release team
communicates that fact to the rest of the development community.

I'd also add that one sentence is not an adequate amount of guidance
for this process.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org