Re: Longer release schedule preparation?

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 02:30:40PM -0400, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> OK so after chatting with Andre on IRC to clear things up here's what
> we're looking to do:
>
>  * Ubuntu is trying to be more predictable, looking out longer than 6
> months to set a schedule, but not changing the release model or
> anything like that.
>  * We've enjoyed great success deriving our schedule from GNOME and
> would like to ensure that over the next 2 years that our schedules are
> predictable.
>
> So I guess we'd just like some reassurance that we'll be able to count
> on releases to continue to be available by the end of March and the
> end of September, but if we could figure out which weeks that would be
> even better. :)

Personally, prefer delaying any decision after GNOME 3 is out as it is a
critical release.

Also not sure if we can plan so far ahead. We need to take conferences
and so on into account. Usually we do not have the liberty of deciding
when GUADEC happens.

--
Regards,
Olav