Re: Removing myself from the release team and recommending Matthias Clasen to take my place

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 01:22 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le vendredi 18 juillet 2008, à 11:05 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> > One of the main motivations for volunteering for this role is to ensure
> > communication between our (RH/Fedora) desktop team and upstream Gnome.
>
> I think you'll be useful to the release team, but I'd love to think that
> this motivation is wrong: distributors shouldn't need to be on the
> release team for this kind of things. Is there anything (outside of the
> big detail that is the GNOME 3.0 topic) where you think communication is
> lacking in the upstream->downstream direction?

No. I think communication problems in the other direction are more
frequent. But I don't want to make this appear as a big problem when it
is only a small one. My main motivation is making sure that gnome
releases continue to happen smoothly and regularly...