Re: Removing myself from the release team and recommending Matthias Clasen to take my place

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 11:00 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le jeudi 17 juillet 2008, à 16:55 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri a écrit :
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I've been AWOL from the release team after devoting a lot of my time to
> > OLPC and the board.  Even now that I am off of OLPC I'm too far removed
> > from the big issues of the day, namely GTK+-3.0 and GNOME 3.0, to be
> > anything but a hindrance.  I therefor am tendering my resignation and as
> > tradition dictates, leaving you with someone who can pick up the slack.
> > I am sure Matthias Clasen needs no introduction but as a long time GTK+
> > contributor I feel he is the perfect fit for the team.
>
> Thanks for the work you did in the past.
>
> Let's just do a quick validation with other r-t members.
>
> Matthias: in the meantime, there's this doc that might be useful to you:
> http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/NewReleaseTeamMembers
> Do you know if you'll have time to handle some of the GNOME releases?

I don't know what amounts of time I'll be able to sink into release team
work, I'm just as busy as anybody else. But considering that I'm already
doing a lot of the pushing of updates for Fedora, there will be some
potential for overlapping smoke testing...

One of the main motivations for volunteering for this role is to ensure
communication between our (RH/Fedora) desktop team and upstream Gnome.
Basically, we don't want to be surprised by the Gnome 4 plan when the
time comes (:-), and we also want to do a better job at keeping upstream
in the loop about what things we are working on that have an impact on
the gnome platform. I hope I don't get lost in that Bermuda triangle
between company, distribution and upstream...

Matthias