Re: GNOME and GStreamer

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 20:39 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Personally I'd like to do a gnome-media release this Monday, together
> with the releases of GStreamer, so this version gets testing and
> feedback.
[..]

I'm sick of this. I've given comments on the patch *right after it was
submitted*. If Fluendo is so keen on making this happen, then spend some
manpower on getting the patch up to my standards for being applied. My
comments for the patch were very clear and not at all unreasonable (for
example, I didn't ask for a gnome-cd port, which is the hardest part).
Stop whining and do it. If the patch is changed as requested in my
comments, I'll apply it.

If you are too late, then the patch will not be applied to HEAD and will
not make it into GNOME 2.14. Your choice: either continue whining, or
get the patch ready. I will roll a tarball monday 6:00PM EST, that is
midnight your time or 23:00 GMT. GNOME-media will comply with the
feature freeze from that point on, and will not accept any large
patches.

This subdiscussion is now closed. Rest of discussion will focus on
whether GStreamer-0.10 is end-user-useful enough or not (or if it
doesn't, I will ignore such emails). Patch updates will go to the
relevant bug report.

Ronald