Re: GNOME and GStreamer

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 00:01 +0100, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> > All current regressions of any significance are only relevant to Totem,
>
> This is irrelevant. Gnome-media will use whatever GNOME uses, so if
> Totem's regressions are worse than acceptable,

I don't see why gnome-media's gstreamer version has to be tied to
totem's.  We made GStreamer parallel-installable precisely to avoid
these situations.

>  gnome-media will not accept
> any patch whatsoever. If they are, and a sufficiently acceptable patch is
> supplied, I'll take it. Neither of those conditions have been met.

Are you sure about the second ? The branch to check is
BRANCH-GSTREAMER-0-8,  Tim refined and commited his patches, I've tested
things yesterday, and everything worked straight out of the box with
current CVS of GStreamer - which will get released on Monday.

Thomas

My shite shits on your shite