Re: GNOME and GStreamer

On Thu, January 12, 2006 16:39, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 16:34 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
>> So, I always thought we were going to release 2.14 with GStreamer 0.10.
>> Does anyone maintaining some module using GStreamer have an objection?
>> Or is this just some bureaucracy? :-)
>
> Aren't we supposed to keep an eye on regressions and so on? Not to
> mention general user expectations...

Yes, we are keeping an eye on regressions. What are the current
regressions? The ones I have heard of are:

 + no DVD support
   => we're not advertising this
 + no subtitles support in totem
   => is this hard to fix?
 + some plugins not ported
   => I thought this is only a problem for some "non-free" plugins

Are there some other regressions? Or is one of those 3 items a blocker?