Re: GNOME and GStreamer

Hi Ronald,
All current regressions of any significance are only relevant to Totem,
where we have both a 0.8 and 0.10 backend. For gnome-media, sound
juicer, rhythmbox etc., 0.10 should give a unquestionable improved
experience (I still feel good about how much quicker it is to jump
between songs in Rb for instance).

We should move ahead and switch everything over to 0.10, and then if
we haven't closed the gaps to 0.8 in regards to Totem when the time to
roll our the next GNOME release comes then distributions who want/use
those features can decide to ship Totem using the 0.8 backend instead of
0.10, while everything else is 0.10 based. Personally I think we will
manage to close the gap before the next GNOME release and the idea of
keeping GNOME running on a version of GStreamer almost getting no
attention at all now for the next 6 months doesn't appeal to me at all.

Christian