Re: [draft] Module decisions for GNOME 2.14

Le vendredi 10 f�ier 2006 �1:16 +0100, Vincent Untz a �it :
> Here's the draft. I'll send it in a few hours if there's no objection.

New version (integrated Elijah's comments).

============

Hi all,

The release team met today to talk about all the current issues. Here
are our conclusions.

New modules:

  + gnome-power-manager: people like it, but some mor work is needed,
    and more integration should be done. It won't go in for 2.14, but
    we'd like to see a good integration work starting soon for 2.16.

  + libnotify/notification-daemon: it depends on libsexy. There was no
    consensus to include libsexy in our sets, and also some worries
    about the lack of HIG for notifications. Therefore it won't go in
    2.14. Note that there was also strong support for it and, assuming
    those issues are resolved, it can absolutely be 2.16 material.

  + gnome-screensaver: there are some concerns about a possible
    slowness. People pointed out that it was most probably related
    to a fontconfig bug. Stay in for now, but we'll be watching closely
    to see if the issue has indeed been resolved or if the module may
    need to be pulled

  + for reference, other proposed modules that were previously accepted:
    pyorbit, deskbar-applet, fast-user-switch-applet,
    gnome-python-desktop, pessulus, sabayon

Issues in other modules:

  + glib/pango: as previously announced, we'll ship the new versions
    (2.10/1.12)

  + gtk-engines: it's up to the maintainers to decide what to do.
    They'll look at the concerns that were sent on the lists and
    state what is their decision.

  + gnome-icon-theme: we fully support the adoption of the new icon
    naming spec. However the change happened too late for this cycle. We
    will ship with the 2.12 versions of gnome-icon-theme for GNOME 2.14
    and encourage people to switch to the new version as soon as work
    for 2.16 happen.

  + GStreamer: current plan still is to go with 0.10. We all need to
    keep an eye on continued progress on this version.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�