Re: [draft] Module decisions for GNOME 2.14

Le vendredi 10 f�ier 2006 �3:43 -0700, Elijah Newren a �it :
> Looks good, just some random nitpicks, for the most part:
>
> On 2/10/06, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > New modules:
> >
> >   + gnome-power-manager: people like it, but some mor work is needed,
> >     and more integration should be done. It won't go in for 2.14, but
> >     we'd like to see a good integration work starting soon for 2.16.
> >
> >   + libnotify/notification-daemon: it depends on libsexy. The general
> >     consensus in the release team is that it's not appropriate to add
> >     another library to our sets. It was also pointed out that maybe
> >     libnotify should leave deeper in our stack (maybe in GTK+?). So
> >     won't go in for 2.14.
>
> I disagree that it's inappropriate to add another library to our sets;
> I was thinking of writing one for 2.16 that I think we need, and I'm
> sure there's other libraries that would be great to add.  Now, it may
> not be appropriate to add libsexy, but that's much different.

I think it's not appropriate to add another library of generic widgets
to our sets :-) If the library is doing something specific, then I have
no problem with it. Anyway, I changed this in the new version.

> >   + GStreamer: current plan still is to go with 0.10.
>
> I'd just stick with this, though maybe adding, " and keep an eye on
> continued progress".  The other parts might be misunderstood, and
> might come across as passing a value judgement on Ronald's awesome
> work.  He was kind of upset about it previously given all his work on
> the system, and he doesn't like the 0.10 decision, so let's just avoid
> that.

Nod. I tried to be neutral, but it might indeed be simpler to just stick
with a small affirmation.

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�