Re: Upcoming tasks -- need everyone's input

Le mercredi 08 février 2006 à 19:06 +0100, Kjartan Maraas a écrit :
> ons, 08,.02.2006 kl. 12.21 -0500, skrev Luis Villa:
> > On 2/8/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> > >  We seriously suck here.  Something has to change to improve it.
> >
> > We're always going to suck on that until some of the basic issues
> > Havoc mentioned in his email in the big d-d-l thread are actually
> > decided. My GEP on the issue touches a bit on the target/market goals
> > thing, but since we're sort of ignoring those, we're standing on
> > quicksand in terms of what should be 'in' GNOME, so... we sort of
> > inevitably suck on it.
> >
> How about we just drop the contentious apps then and take the blame
> ourselves for not getting consensus in time? It's not going to have a
> huge impact anyway I reckon and they can clearly work out any remaining
> issues for 2.16.x. Most distros ship gnome-screensaver and
> gnome-power-manager already, don't they?

Just a side note concerning g-p-m => it requires hal 0.5.6 which
requires linux kernel >= 2.6.15 (for instance, I haven't been able to
upgrade to hal 0.5.6 on cooker because we are still waiting for a recent
kernel).

For tomorrow meeting, I'll be there.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>