Re: Assigned responsibilites, again

On 6/16/05, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 16 juin 2005 à 11:03 -0600, Elijah Newren a écrit :

> > Ideas of things "patch nagging" could mean here, but I'd like
> > ideas/suggestions: (a) periodic public reminder of general patch
> > state, pointing out those who have done well recently, (b) checking
> > for modules that may have become unmaintained so that the release team
> > and development community can be aware of possible issues, (c)
> > pointing out any longstanding accepted-commit_now or
> > accepted-commit_after_freeze patches, (d) a call for action to assist
> > maintainers with bugsquad like pseudo-review of patches ("does it
> > still apply?", "does it appear to follow coding guidelines?", "are
> > there conflicting patches elsewhere in bugzilla?", "does it
> > work-for-me?", "does it appear to be valgrind-clean?", "are there any
> > problems obvious to a non-maintainer?")--i.e. something that could be
> > a big enough task to encompass a lot of the bugsquad or gnome-love or
> > be a new project altogether, (e) something else entirely?
>
> All these ideas are great :-) So I vote for all of them ;-)

Including the "something else entirely"?  ;-)

> But I guess it depends on the time people will have to do this.

(a)-(c) shouldn't be too hard to do; one just needs to check the
various patch reports in bugzilla occasionally.  I've been thinking
about (d), especially since it would teach a lot of skills many
gnome-love people would need and would provide a long renewable supply
of tasks for new people to do and thus probably help increase the
number of developers for various modules.  But there's a big time
issue involved...

> It reminds me that I forgot:
>         * showstopper bugs nagging

That's what Murray meant by "bug-monitoring/summarising", yes.

Cheers,
Elijah