Assigned responsibilites, again

In the past [1] we talked about assigning responsibilities to individual
release-team members, while still expecting consultation and
representation. These tasks would be assigned at the start of every 6-
month cycle.

This would mean, for instance, that the following things would be more
likely to be done without big delays:
- Publish the schedule
- Announce schedule events, such as tarballs due, feature freeze, or
code freeze.
- Officially announce the list of new modules.

When I last proposed that we actually do this, Jeff said he didn't want
to assign these tasks until shortly before they were due. That has
clearly also failed as a strategy, so could we please give this a try?

As usual, sorry if I'm not being polite enough - I'm trying to be
constructive.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-
September/msg00361.html

--