Re: Assigned responsibilites, again

Le jeudi 09 juin 2005 �1:57 +1000, Jeff Waugh a �it :
> <quote who="Vincent Untz">
>
> > > It would be great to choose three people to concentrate on each of the
> > > release suites. You're an obvious choice for Bindings. Vincent, would
> > > you like to manage the Desktop suite? We need someone for Platform -
> > > Jonathan?
> >
> > Well, what does it involve to concentrate on a release suite? Wouldn't it
> > be more appropriate to list the tasks that we feel are important and find
> > someone for each of them?
>
> Yes, we definitely need to do that. A bunch of our tasks will be particular
> to the suite, so it would be good to have a 'release manager' for each. Most
> of those tasks will be communication oriented.

Let's finish this discussion :-)

I don't know if we have an extensive list of tasks available somewhere
(except [1]), so here's the start of a more complete list:

Bindings Tasks:
	* ??

Desktop Tasks:
	* UI review (before UI freeze)
	* documentation links nagging

Platform Tasks:
	* ??

General Tasks:
	* string bugs nagging (before string freeze)
	* patch nagging
	* new modules
		+ call for new modules
		+ animating a new modules discussion in the community
		+ new modules decision
	* sending the "tarballs due" mails
	* announcing releases
	* creating a schedule
	* freeze breaks

Hrm... It might make sense to create a wiki page. I will do this later,
if it seems useful to others.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/tasks.html

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�