Re: [Planner Dev] First version of planner e-d-s importer in planner CVS

On tis, 2004-08-10 at 07:15 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> Hi guys!

Hi,

> I have commited a few minutes ago the first version of the new Planner
> plugin for importing resources from evolution data server in Planner. It
> uses async queries for all the communications between planner and e-d-s.

Saw this running on Richards computer yesterday and it's really nice.

> The main issue I will solve next days will be to import the UID from a
> resource in e-d-s to a custom property in planner resource, so we can
> sync easily the two data sources.

Since imho this should be updated automatically if you change the
information in Evolution there is one problem I see. And that is if you
send the file to someone, their UIDs won't be the same as the ones in my
computer, so for that I'm not sure the best way is to store the UIDs for
these contacts in the save .planner file itself.

> Also, we have in mind to start following a similar approach to import
> tasks in planner from e-d-s, but we are thinking about the details right
> now so no code yet.
>
> When we finish the integration using Planner as a client for e-d-s we
> will start to think if it is a good idea that planner data could be
> offered to the world as a e-d-s backend.

I'm not sure how useful it would be to import tasks from e-d-s but maybe
it is. Using Planner as a data source for e-d-s sounds _very_ useful
though and would rock!.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--