Re: [outreach] =?iso-8859-1?q?New_kids_on_the_block_games_in_A_Coru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?=F1a?=

On Mon, July 16, 2012 4:25 am, Allan Day wrote:

> What were the objections? What's the wrong light?

I don't know what the actual objections were, but I agreed because the
term "Old Fart" is a pretty undesirable one. I don't care that much though
if others think this is essential and a GNOME joke that should be
perpetuated. I was just trying to give some suggestions to get the ball
rolling.

>>> I agree with this - I think we can do better! How about something like
>>> "old school hackers" or "veterans" or even terms like "ace" or "star"
>>> contributors?
>
> Those names are all a bit meh. The game should be fun and humorous. We
> shouldn't look like we're taking ourselves too seriously.

Rock star? Archmage? :)
even oldster sounds better than old fart to me!

karen