Re: [outreach] =?iso-8859-1?q?New_kids_on_the_block_games_in_A_Coru?= =?iso-8859-1?q?=F1a?=

Hey Diego!

"Diego Escalante Urrelo" <diegoe gnome org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I can remember some interesting ideas we had in Berlin about welcoming
> our interns and students with some integration games. I think we still
> have time to think about some funny thing to do for it.

This is a great idea! We should definitely organize something.

> What do you say if we throw a few ideas and pick the best one and try
> to implement it for GUADEC?
>
> I will start by recalling the ones we mentioned in Berlin:
> - Old farts hunting: you have to go hunt the old farts for information
> or a specific item, it is a treasure quest that requires you to meet
> "the important people". Requires some 5 or 10 guys who want to be
> available during core days.
>
> - GNOME assasins: the classic sock-killing game, you have to chase
> someone from the list that you might or might not know. Last man
> standing wins. Requires some name and photo gathering, might be a bit
> too individual
>
> - Classic Rupert bits: the beloved #gnome-hackers bot selects some of
> its finest quotes while background is provided for it. Some
> storytelling and funny facts about the project. Requires a charming
> speaker, some fact research, might be more like a presentation, too
> passive.
>
> I am thinking that stuff that involves photographs might be the
> funniest. Something along the lines of having to collect photos of X
> doing Y (nothing too silly). So in the end we can reuse all the photos
> in a nice slideshow instead of just appointing the winner.
>
> Ideas?

It would be good to do something that gets the interns interacting with established contributors on a one-to-one basis, rather than simply photographing them or having them answer questions en mass. So my preference from the ideas you've listed would be for old farts club.

Maybe there are other things we could do though...

Allan