Re: [outreach] =?utf-8?q?New_kids_on_the_block_games_in_A_Coru=C3=B1a?=

Hi!

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:

> It would be good to do something that gets the interns interacting with
> established contributors on a one-to-one basis, rather than simply
> photographing them or having them answer questions en mass. So my preference
> from the ideas you've listed would be for old farts club.

Agree. What kind of challenge can we come up with that requires a
closer collaboration?

Ideas:
- Pairing an Old Fart with a New Contributor, they have to meet 3
challenges (to keep it short). Maybe something really simple like:
 + explain "What is GNOME" in a 30s video (this will trigger some Q&A
between them).

 + you are given the photo of an old fart, your Old Fart has to tell
you who he is, where to find him and he introduces him to you.
    You have to prove you did this with an unedited video where you
get them to say a catchphrase or something (triggers introducing
people, the introduced hacker is also enrolled in the game
preferrably) (I am thinking on a catchphrase or something like that so
we can later make a mashup of the videos for a nice "GNOME is all
these people" thing)

 + (alternatively) you get two photos, you gotta get these two people
into a single photo with a paper or some GNOME-y thing. Photo is the
proof.

 + something else

We give stickers or something to everyone who finishes, t-shirts for
the 2 fastest team.

I am preferring photos or video for proof of the hunt so that we can
later mashup all these for a closing video or something.
I would find it interesting to have a nice ThankYou video for
volunteers and the local team, "crowdfilmed" during the Welcome Game.

Some more ideas around this?

Diego