Re: Adding Avahi and USB drive support to libostree

On Fri, 2017-03-31 at 08:10 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017, at 08:03 PM, Philip Withnall wrote:

I'm not concerned about the cost of downloading the summary file
from
each remote. I am concerned about the cost of advertising a lot of
refs
in DNS-SD records,

I'm saying we only advertise the presence of a single repo, *not*
each
available ref.  A client would *try* to fetch refs it was interested
in
from the available repos.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense, and is the conclusion I came to in my previous
e-mail. What are your thoughts on the DNS-SD advert containing the
common prefix of the refs in the repo, rather than a UUID or GPG key?

Philip