Re: libostree v2017.3

On Mar 15, 2017 3:59 AM, "Richard Hughes" <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On 14 March 2017 at 18:26, Philip Withnall <philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
> I’d prefer to keep it in-channel if possible. As I suggested elsewhere
> in the thread, OSTree detached metadata might work?

That might work, but for some projects we'd need translations too (so
maybe use AppStream?)

The detached metadata is just an "a{sv}" GVariant, so you can put whatever you want in there. Making the value a string of appstream XML would be completely reasonable. Of course, as Cosimo mentioned, having people edit and translate detached metadata would be a rough experience. There could be a well known separate branch holding the release documentation like flatpak uses with the appstream/$arch branches. Something more like flatpak would be to take the installed appstream from the commit and put it in the metadata location above as part of the commit process.

Dan