Re: libostree v2017.3

On 13 March 2017 at 15:32, Robert McQueen <rob endlessm com> wrote:
We don't at the moment. :( Typically our release notes are finalised in the
days between tagging the release in our staging repo but before it's pushed
to our production repo, in parallel with the image and static delta builds,
etc.

So you'd probably do something 100% out-of-channel for that in the future?

That said - I'm not sure if we have the cycles to do _all_ of that right
now, but Philip is about to start thinking about applying OS update
schedule/policy to our Flatpak runtimes

You also want to talk to Allan about that, he's got mockups for
auto-installing flatpaks in gnome-software for next cycle.

so this is a very opportune time to talk about what eos-updater would need
to have to become ostree-daemon, and then we can dig into these kind of
integration points with a little more generic interest.

Right. The only niggle/showstopper I can see is that for Fedora we'd
want to use rpmostree rather than plain ostree. We can discuss more at
the hackfest I guess.

Richard.