Re: Current status of the GNOME Github mirror: ostree module

Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> writes:

On 05/05/2015 12:59 PM, Andrea Veri wrote:
I mainly see two scenarios:

1. Stop using PRs, keep the module mirrored and keep using the Bugzilla workflow
2. Remove the module from the mirror, move it to a different organization

My 2 cents:

Bugzilla's attachment-based patch review workflow frankly sucks
compared to PRs.

Obviously this is up to Colin, but I would not object to just moving
OSTree under the Project Atomic umbrella on GitHub.  As in officially,
not just mirrored there.  That's the context in which most of its
development is taking place now.

I know it also serves gnome-continuous and the GNOME SDK, but having
it still hosted on gnome.org feels out of place to me.  Especially if
PRs are seen by some as controversial.

I had to deal with Bugzilla's attached patches only a few times, so I
haven't much experience in this sense, but I found PRs much better since
the first times I've used them.

Not sure what other alternatives there could be, mailing list &
git-send-email seems fine, Gerrit quite horrible.

Regards,
Giuseppe