Re: ostree daemon/shared library approach

On 05/05/2015 12:04 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
One thing I'm thinking about is a "plugin" model where
projects like rpm-ostree can drop /usr/lib/ostree/admin-plugins/rpm-ostree.so

OSTree would iterate over these, see if they're "active" (in the
case of rpm-ostree, that's having the daemon running), and if so
call into them.

Still chewing on it but I think I'm on board.

It does imply the need to introduce an explicit function to initialize all this, right? As in ostree_init(). Trying to do so implicitly seems problematic to me.

Matt