Re: Current status of the GNOME Github mirror: ostree module

On Tue, May 5, 2015, at 02:01 PM, Matthew Barnes wrote:

Obviously this is up to Colin, but I would not object to just moving
OSTree under the Project Atomic umbrella on GitHub.  As in officially,
not just mirrored there.  That's the context in which most of its
development is taking place now.

Yeah.  I'd like to keep an open mind on this because, well obviously
OSTree is going to remain a GLib consumer and I'd like to keep
desktop use cases in mind, as well as any other consumers out
there.

I know it also serves gnome-continuous and the GNOME SDK,

Which ironically is also at https://github.com/alexlarsson/xdg-app/

but having it
still hosted on gnome.org feels out of place to me.  Especially if PRs
are seen by some as controversial.

I think my ideal outcome would still be that it'd be allowed for
some modules to have a PR based workflow.

I don't have a solid conclusion now to be honest...we can give this
a bit more time for anyone else to weigh in.