Re: [orca-list] SELinux notification and speech-dispatcher on fedora?

OK since permissive mode works, my best guess is that there is a bug in the newest speech-dispatcher configuration. I just got the speech-dispatcher update here yesterday, and had been running SELinux in permissive mode for a few weeks already, as another application, something I built from source as I recall, didn't like enforcing mode, but that application ended up not working for me, and I just forgot to switch SELinux back to enforcing mode. So that may be why I don't notice the problem. Now that you mention it, I don't think I want to take the chance of it not working by switching back to enforcing now. So if you have just updated within the past 24 hours or so, the error is likely due to a configuration issue that can be reported as a bug to the development team. Everything I've read is indicating that having to set SELinux permissive to get anything, especially something like speech-dispatcher working is probably a bug. You should be able to report it either in your problem reporting or SELinux troubleshooter application, both of which are found in the system tools menu. Hope this helps.

~Kyle