Re: [orca-list] Orca not reading links opening new tabs

Hello everyone,

thank you all for the responses and for the clarification.

Hmm, I understand. I suppose this has to be a bug in some library or
framework, since it appears on unrelated pages.

Anyway, I've sketched a quick TamperMonkey script to resolve this. It
adds an item to the context menu that allows the user to remove all
aria-label attributes on the website containing a specified phrase.

This way, the users can fix the aria-labels in just few key presses. It
seems to work nicely on the example website.

I'll upload it on my GitHub at some point in the future.

For now, a PMD link if someone is interested:

https://drive.protonmail.com/urls/JXNZ0TD7JW#ddEXMqLsxhqv

SHA256: 7a8c53fc635112210f9717b3ef910788d2cefc1116387ae882ac7150aea23a2d

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 6. 5. 2022 o 9:29 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):
I agree with Peter. The accessible name exposed to Orca by the browser
(and to presumably all screen readers in all browsers on all operating
systems) is "(opens in a new tab)". Orca is not in a position to
reliably identify when an author has used aria-label correctly or not.
Therefore, when the author provides an explicit accessible name, Orca
presents that name. Sorry!