Re: [orca-list] Questions about the raspberry pie

It sounds like you have a Raspberry Pi 400. That's the one with the keyboard built in. I don't think it has a headphone jack included, so you would need to either plug it into an HDMI port on a TV or computer monitor, or probably better would be to plug an inexpensive USB audio device into one of the USB ports.

One of the best ways to get a Raspberry Pi talking out of the box at this point is Stormux. It is based on ArchLinuxARM, but it talks as soon as it is booted up, and allows fairly easy configuration of your new system by means of the configure-stormux script, although I think you do end up in a shell first. But you should be able to  just enter

configure-stormux

if it doesn't already know to run at first boot so that you can get networking going and install the desktop of your choice.

I would recommend the Stormux email list

stormux groups io

if you have any further questions about getting it going on your new Pi.

~Kyle