[orca-list] Orca 3.36.2 + Mate 1.24.0 won't stop

Hello!

My name is Luis, and if you could find some minutes I'll appreciate some
help in the issue that bring me here.

I'm helping on the final touches for the release of trisquel 10, an
ubuntu 20.04 based distro, using mate as the main desktop-manger,  being
a11y is one of the features that receives a bit more attention than
others on the distro.

I'm trying to troubleshot one issue that we have found, and that is that
while installing using the ubiquity installer, once the user boots and
enters the mate-session, then orca will auto-launch, and at some point
that is a desired behavior, but the issue becomes that no matter what
settings we modify there is no way to prevent it to autolaunch at every
session, the only temporary solution so far is using Super+Alt+S to mute it.

But on every reboot, or session opening it keeps coming back.

Places where I've searched to manually disable,

- mate-at-properties
- remove from startup applications
    - orca
    - at-spid
-  99_accessibility.gschema.override

The only way capable to stop it is to remove the package (with apt) or
delete the python files at,
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca

AFAIK, ubiquity can enable orca by default if selected while at the
installer, maybe some bug is taking that feature and forcing it.

Is there some piece of configuration that I might overlooked?
Any suggestion or pointer where I can understand more on the subject?

Thank you in advance, cheers!

--
Luis Guzman