Re: [orca-list] Passing keys to guest in virt-manager

08.01.2022 10:49, Vsevolod Popov пишет:
I don't really know if the network works because I haven't installed the system yet. But the thing I did is configured the libvirt as described in arch wiki and then after searching millions of tutorials I could setup a default network. It turned out that I had to do it with root privileges. There were some packages like bridge-utils, dnsmasq, iptables-nfs, some of them are described in arch wiki, but I don't completely understand what some of them do, for example openbsd-netcat and vde2. I think it's a matter of time and practice to understand it.
As turned out, network doesn't work. It tells unknown name when I try to ping something in a VM. I have possibly a guess that virt-manager has to be launched with sudo privileges for network to work.
The only thing I cannot understand now is how to switch the created machine to EFI firmware.
I could solve that.
The thing that I needed to do is to configure ovmf correctly after installation (enable intel_iommu in kernel). After that, It is possible to go to the microcode parameter in virt-manager by pressing shift+tab. When tabbing once after mychroscheme list there will be a needed combo box with microcode in overview page.
It allows to choose EFI for use on a VM.
--
regards,
Vsevolod