Re: [orca-list] Passing keys to guest in virt-manager

08.01.2022 03:40, John Covici пишет:
How did you bridge your virtual machine to your network?
I don't really know if the network works because I haven't installed the system yet. But the thing I did is configured the libvirt as described in arch wiki and then after searching millions of tutorials I could setup a default network. It turned out that I had to do it with root privileges. There were some packages like bridge-utils, dnsmasq, iptables-nfs, some of them are described in arch wiki, but I don't completely understand what some of them do, for example openbsd-netcat and vde2. I think it's a matter of time and practice to understand it.
What did you use for disk storage?  I have been having problems with
those two aspects of getting a vm to work.
I use qcow2, I tried to use it when creating VM by hand with qemu and I found out that qcow2 is used when creating a VM in virt-manager. The only thing I cannot understand now is how to switch the created machine to EFI firmware. Different articles state that it has to be done in overview panel of a newly created VM, but each time I press down arrow or tab I land into the description text field which I cannot exit. Also, when using flat review, I cannot switch to architecture pain and choose EFI there, nothing happens when pressing left click button on the architecture word.
--
regards,
Vsevolod