Re: [orca-list] Orca stays silent after pressing Super in Ubuntu 20.04

On 4/26/22 16:40, Milton via orca-list wrote:
Hi all,

good evening.

Orca master last updated after commits of wednesday april 20th I noticed
after pressing the Super key Orca is silent. Before Orca says 'Window'
and I then know that I kcan type to search incrementally.

this is because Joni did what I asked her to do some time ago. [1]

I understand that perhaps the current behavior is not entirely intuitive,
but I hope that you will agree with me that speaking a window when
changing application in focus, opening a menu, is a more
inconvenient situation than it is now.

i think this is a great time to reach out to the gnome guys to improve
the terrible situation gnome-shell is currently in in terms of a11y.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/issues/226

--
Sincerely, Alexander