Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice and orca: moving to headings, links, tables etc.

Hello,
I am running libreoffice 7.3.2 on arch linux and this is working great for me. Is it possible your tree is only containing single root node and it's collapsed? Try hitting home to jump to the top, then right arrow key to expand and finally down arrow to navigate further if this is the case. Also the document content has to contain semantically styled headings not custom styles resembling headings so also pay attention to the document content if it really includes the control types you are looking for. I'm attaching an example document I have just created to showcase what I mean.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 20. 4. 2022 o 14:53 Kyle napísal(a):
Peter Vágner sang:
Libreoffice writer has so called navigator feature. Show / hide the navigator by pressing F5 or find it under View menu. When focus is inside the document content pressing F5 brings up a treeview. Root nodes of that treeview are control types you might be interested in. Level 1 items represent the actual content including heading at level 1. Level 2, level 3 etc are headings at that level. If you find a heading or another control you are interested in just press enter key to jump to that part of the document.

Oh wow thanks for this. I need to take a look at this feature, as I was unaware of its existence. I'm dealing now with some downloaded documents now that I want to work with in LO, and from your description, I believe this feature will benefit me very much. Seems maybe a bit overkill, since I only want to be able to go to headings for example, and would love to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to get there rather than having to traverse the document tree, but WOW, it's definitely good that it's there.

Unfortunately though, it seems I'm not able to navigate the tree using LibreOffice 7.2.6.2 on Fedora 35 MATE Compiz spin. Pressing f5 does bring up the navigator, but neither the arrows nor flat review are doing anything. Arrows do nothing at all, and flat review just says "Navigator," as if the window title is the only thing on screen. Do I need to enable something to get this working?

~Kyle