May be I should check whether all settings regarding popup blockers like
UBlock Origin are the same. However, I seem to have difficulties
checking the settings of UBlock Origin. When I select „add-ons and
themes“ from the extras menu, I can find UBlock Origin and choose
settings. But then I am stuck, somehow, with Orca saying
„1about-scheme“. Do you know what to do in such a situation?

Thanks again for your advice so far,

Elias

On 2021-09-09 at 15:49:08 (+0200), Jeffery Mewtamer via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:
As Milton suggested, using Orca+a to toggle focus mode is more
reliable than  trying to navigate to something adjacent to the textbox
and then tabbing to the textbox to give it focus.

The Orca key is usually set to insert on desktops and caps lock on
laptops, but can be configured independantly of the desktop/laptop
keyboard mode toggle.