Re: [orca-list] Dual booting Linux besides windows questions

Hi Mohammad,

Slint do not provide as many packages as Debian or derivatives but that
shouldn't be an impediment, here is why.

1. A complete toolchain is already included in the installed system and all
packages include the related development files: shared libraries and headers.

2. In addition, as indicated in the book (search "Get additional applications")
packages can be very easily built and installed from the building stuff
provided by volunteers @ https://slackbuilds.org. In the "development" category
there are 637 entries at time of writing, some already included in Slint.

This is somehow similar to the AUR for Arch or the PPA from Ubuntu that you may
have heard about.

To know more free to visit one of our support channel indicated in the book,
like the instant messaging  channel #slint @ irc.libera.com

Whichever distribution you settle with, welcome to Linux!

Cheers,
Didier