Re: [orca-list] Change on others internet brausers

On 8/19/21 7:55 AM, John G Heim via orca-list wrote:
I think deleting the .mozilla folder works only temporarily because when you do that, you force Firefox to forget all the tabs you had open before the crash. By closing all tabs, you simply decrease the probability of running into the bug that causes the crashes. In other words, i don't think my advice actually worked. I got about 36 hours of fairly few crashes out of it. But it's as bad as ever now. I just keep clicking the button to restart Firefox and then tell it to not reload the previous session. Then I go into history and go back to whatever I was doing before the latest crash. It is a lot of hassle, of course, but so is changing browsers. I figure Ubuntu will post a fix fairly soon.

Ubuntu has released Firefox 91.0.1 for 21.04. It should also be released for the LTS version as well. You can run 'apt update' and 'apt full-upgrade' to get it. Firefox no longer crashes for me.

Regards,

--
Jeremy Lincicome [W0JRL]
JL Applied Technologies