Re: [orca-list] Orca on Linux cell phones?

Android 2x? TalkBack was in Android 1x?

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Peter Vágner via orca-list
Skickat: den 17 juli 2020 08:03
Till: Rich Morin; orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] Orca on Linux cell phones?

Hello,

On Android and IOS we blind people are able to do quite a lot of things

including making phone calls independently, texting, listening to music,

reading books, browsing the web, chatting or emailing, managing files,

writing comfortably by using various input methods e.g. touch keyboard,

external physical keyboard connected via USB or bluetooth, even braille

keyboard, and also using a bit of CLI apps via termux.

Without real touch input support in the accessibility stack this can't

be efficient and enjoyable to use, so to say it politely, the experience

would be suboptimal. I think many of us can remember Android 2.X.

Luckily now it's perfect time for bringing this kind of discussion.

Purism, pine 64 and other community developers are bringing linux to the

mobile devices and it's very likelly to succeed finally this time.

Gnome project is modernizing its accessibility support for GTK4 release.

See this event for more details I believe:

https://events.gnome.org/event/1/contributions/83/

So we need to make someone working with these technologies realize

accessibility is there and it needs to be also embraced with this linux

on mobile movement.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 16. 7. 2020 o 18:42 Rich Morin napísal(a):