Re: [orca-list] Sound issues in Ubuntu Mate 19.04 and 19.10

Hi John,

Can't speak for others but in my case its definitely a conflict between pulse and speech dispatcher. Whether there is an underlying Linux driver issue also at play I'm not sure.

- Same machine running Windows: No crackling.
- Linux/Pulse without Orca: No crackling.

Every time I kill the Pulseaudio process and Pulse restarts, the crackling comes back for 20-30 secs.

This is with zero CPU load.

Therefore, I suspect my issue is something to do with Pulse, Alsa, the underlying Intel driver and Speech Dispatcher - as they all have a part to play.

However, my issue is different to Alex, as for me everything is fine after Pulse has been running for 30 seconds or so.

Regards,

Nick