Re: [orca-list] Making postmarketOS blind-accessible

Hello,

Dňa 20. 8. 2020 o 21:18 Didier Spaier via orca-list napísal(a):

Nice, but just re-configuring a kernel is hardly more than a very begining <smile>

Yes I see it's just a begining but you know Drew and you do like what he's doing too. Also he has expressed his intention to work more on alpine linux accessibility in the hope to get speech enabled spin of alpine.

It's written in the description of the issue I have linked to.

The fact alpine guys have not accepted kernel configuration patches or suggested improvements delayed further actions I'm afraid.

Speaking about Drew's projects...

IMNSHO it's as urgent (ans probably not a dauntig task) to make aerc fully accessible:
https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc
https://aerc-mail.org/

That would make aerc the best mail console client for blind folks, among others.

Yes, I like this email client however I'm not yet comfortable moving more of my activities to CLI.

Instead there's another nice email related project Drew is contributing to I like and am using to read emails when travelling.

https://git.sr.ht/~emersion/alps/

In fact the whole sr.ht platform looks cool and awesome. It's lightweight, clean, minimalist and does its job fine.

Greetings

Peter