Re: [orca-list] Accessibility broken under Wayland Fedora 31

Hi Devin,

That is not completely so simple. First because KDE requires very a high work, Chrys could tell us his point of view, but in my understanding, making it accessible implies a lot of work. Nexcxt and in particular, we will always need GTK. Thunderbird, Firefox use it. Other important apps too. So while switching to KDE is an option, we need to ensure GTK keeps a minimal accessibility. Finally, I am not certain that Qt fixes all the Wayland issus, so it is important to examine what Wayland lacks too. All the more as we see that all the team GTK is not exactly on the same line. Beyond a feeling "they are closed" from some of them, the project manager and one major contributor just needs to understand, to see real human nusers. Hence a meeting at FOSDEM and next to this event. To establish a more human dialog, to make the most opened persons understand all the consequence of things. So everything is not lost yet. Just we need noise, to prepare human meeting, and we need to keep all options opened to maintain our hope.

regards

regards