Re: [orca-list] Orca moves unexpectedly on current page when opening new tab and takes times to present new tab

Le 10/01/2019 à 16:51, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
I don't see any events -- or associated speech -- related to the load
starting in your debug.out.

Right, there is maybe a mistake there, on Jaws (as I remember) for example, when a page is loading (the circle on Firefox) it indicates "loading". Here with Orca, the user needs the page has been finished to be loaded to be informed about the tab or the page has been opened that create a sensation of a long wait.

On mobile, both with Talkback and VoiceOver you'll obtain the progress state. On TalkBack, you'll here 'progress bar X%", on VoiceOver it's a sound effect.

Is it a missing event from Firefox side?

I'll try to verify on Windows with NVDA and Firefox when it'll decide to boot after plenty of updates.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.