Re: [orca-list] fedora 31 and brlapi

On 12/15/19 3:06 PM, Samuel Thibault via orca-list wrote:
Since your X is running on tty1, that's wrong.
That's one of the reason why running everything by hand is complex: you
have to get all the pieces together by hand too. A way to force it on
tty 1 is:

XDG_VTNR=1 orca &

Thank you - that worked.

When I start a GNOME session, Orca is run automatically, but I suspect it isn't assigned the correct TTY for use with braille.

It was all working fine until recently.

For those with Fedora systems, it would be worth testing whether the above environment variable solves the problem there too.

Exporting the variable from the shell in which I start the GNOME session isn't sufficient either.