Re: [orca-list] tried fenrir again

Howdy Didier,

ok changed in master.
fenrir has a lot of crazy capabilitys. i m very fast in create a hell lot of code but sadly i suck in english documentation. if someone want me to help out here (maybe a native speaker) would be awsome.

by the way, i recomment if you want to use fenrir in an terminal emulator that the terminal emulator is not support ATK/ AT-SPI. Not because AT-SPI its not awsome, but in this way the terminal running fenrir would not conflict with orca :). xterm or currently konsole (last should be support ATK in middle ranged future). to use xterm there is some setting needed as xterm doesnt create the input sequences correclty by default. in some cases it could make sense using fenrir on terminal emulator as it handles (mostly curses based apps) _sometimes_ better ( or lets say differnt ;) ) than orca. as it is not effected by invalid events as it does create "diffs" of the screen. and this mode should it also make runnable on macOS and BSD based systems.

cheers chrys

Zitat von Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>:

Howdy Chrys,

I confirm that this works here.

Maybe you could make the --help output a little more non-technical friendly?

didier[~]$ fenrir --help
usage: fenrir [-h] [-s SETTING-FILE] [-o SECTION#SETTING=VALUE;..] [-d] [-p]
              [-e] [-E]

Fenrir Help

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -s SETTING-FILE, --setting SETTING-FILE
                        Use a specified settingsfile
  -o SECTION#SETTING=VALUE;.., --options SECTION#SETTING=VALUE;..
                        Overwrite options in given settings file. Sections,
                        settings and Values are cases sensitive
  -d, --debug           Turns on Debugmode
  -p, --print           Print debug messages on screen
  -e, --emulated-pty    Use PTY emulation and escape sequences for input
  -E, --emulated-evdev  Use PTY emulation and evdev for input (single
                        instance)
I guess not everyone knows what means PTY emulation.

For instance, maybe something like:
  -e, --emulated-pty    Use PTY emulation and escape sequences for input
                        Allows to use fenrir on the desktop, in a terminal
                        for X

Cheers,

Didier