Re: [orca-list] tried fenrir again

Howdy,

is of no use in mate-terminal.
To correct this. It _can_ run on terminal emulators like mate-terminal using pty emulation. For the other parts of the desktop orca is needed.

Am 19.04.2019 um 20:47 schrieb Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>:

Hi Michael,

Fenrir is a console (or tty) screen reader, not intended for a graphical environment.

So it can't replace Orca and is of no use in mate-terminal.

Rather, you can compare it with espeakup or speechd-up.
As such it works well, as far as I can tell (I don't really need it being sighted, so I don't use all its screen review functions).

Best,

Didier