Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu VS. Windows accessibility

A complication for wifi users is debian wipes out network configuration it uses to install software on reboot without a few extra steps. I figured out how to adjust things so when I reboot into the finished debian system I have a wifi connection up and run by ifup and ifdown. I wrote that up and put it up on the wiki.debian.org page but don't know where it got put or if it got deleted. This is mostly useful for command line installers. The gui installers can install their preferred form of gui then run some network utility after that to bring up wifi. I used nmtui successfully sometimes when I installed that way.

On Wed, 9 May 2018, Al Sten-Clanton wrote:

Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 13:40:10
From: Al Sten-Clanton <albert e sten_clanton verizon net>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>, Alex ARNAUD <alexarnaud hypra fr>,
    sonfire11 gmail com, orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu VS. Windows accessibility

Are you doing this with the *live* DVD? I remember that a couple of Debian releases ago, I used the live CD or DVD and got into the installation program. At that point, Speakup kicked in and my volume went way down. I ended up using the netinst CD afterwards, if memory serves.

Al