Re: [orca-list] Auto Install did not complete successfully.

Or, perhaps you should study some installation guides to learn a bit
about what's involved rather than trying to rely on automation.

Sorry to sound somewhat harsh, but you really can't expect someone
else's abstratct automation logic to cover all possible contingencies.

One good starting point might be:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide

Peter Tesar writes:
Hello List,

Booting to the hard drive (with a live DVD inserted) does not start speech.

I’m in a shell. On reexamining the auto TalkingArch login screen reveals
some error concerns. The install did not complete successfully.

Prior to the prompt [rootfs] #

I get these messages:

Probably corrupted file system on /dev/sda3

You are now being dropped into an emergency shell.

Sh: can’t access TTY: job control turned off

The system control command does not work:

Sh: systemctl: not found

The curious thing is that at the beginning of the install process, I
answered no to encription. At the end I was told that there would be
encription and I was asked for a pass phrase. I don't know if this
contributed to the problem.

Perhaps I have a damaged drive.

Perhaps I should retry the auto install.

Peter T.