Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 10:53:55
From: Peter Tesar <ptesar ca inter net>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Auto Install did not complete successfully. RE:
    AutoTalkingArch

Hello List,

After going through the install process, I now have a hard drive that gives me
a command prompt. There is no speech.

From the first install screen, I chose the

Automatically install Arch Linux

I answered the prompts without incident and there was an Inter net connection.

There was about 30 minutes of downloading and then prompts for name, login
name and password.

The last line indicated that the install was successful and to press ENTER to
boot into the newly installed system.

I now boot to a series of tones with no speech. sighted assistance indicates
that I have the command prompt.

The commands: ?clear? works but ?ping?, date, and ?poweroff? are not
recognized.

Do I have to run a command to complete the process?

Do I have to run something to bring up speech?

On another topic, what is the first install choice

Android OS

Is this the Android phone system?

Would it come up with a desktop or command line prompt?

What speech would come up? Is it worth trying?

Thanks

Peter T.